Friday, May 22, 2009

The Drawers of My Dreams

It’s Memorial Day weekend and I’m taking a whole three days off (WhooHoo) but one of the things on my To Do List is to clean out the drawers in my bedroom. That might take me about an hour so I certainly can take an hour to create the drawers of my dreams! One of the cool things about clearing clutter and getting more organized is that the more you do it, the more you can do! It’s not a one time event but an ongoing process that you get better and better at once you develop the good habits. It’s like cleaning. You can clean but eventually you’ll have to clean again, right?

I love poking through my old stuff every so often and deciding that I don’t need this “thing” anymore. It’s almost like a measuring stick of my life’s progress. I look at it with a fresh eye and suddenly realize that I don’t “need” this thing anymore and I can let go of it. For example, I bought a box of those funny little “40” confetti that you throw in cards or on a table for someone’s 40th birthday. No matter how many 40th birthdays have passed since then, I never remember to use them so this weekend, out they go. It’s a small box but I don’t need it anymore so I can let it go so that something I DO use can take its place.

I’m excited about cleaning out my drawers but then I’m an organizer so that’s what floats my boat!

Jan Davis
ClutterBye
www.ClutterBye.com

No comments: