Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Picture’s Worth… well, 1000 Pictures

Ok, so back to “One In, One Out”. Whew. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest about yucky stuff.

This rule works well for everything in your house. Not just clothes. The rule’s partner rule is “Do I Really Need This and Where Will It Go?”

You’re in Chinatown and you see this adorable Foo Dog. Ooooh, it’s soooo cute! STOP! Where will you put it? Is it four inches big or FOUR FEET big? Will the cats easily knock it over? Will your 5 year old want to play with it? Picture where it will go.

If you’re on a budget, (and who isn’t these days?) is it worth that amount? If it’s a four dollar 4 inch Foo dog, that’s a little different from a $400 FOUR FOOT Foo dog. Use your Foolish head! Picture where you will put or use anything before you buy it! I’ll be sitting on your shoulder. I’m watching!

Jan Davis
www.ClutterBye.com

No comments: